Want to Perform Better Than You Ever Have?
“Ever since you were a little kid, you always have a dream about what you can accomplish. There’s always a desire to keep learning, to keep training, to keep evolving. Here’s the line. Let’s tickle it a bit. And then you figure out that’s not actually the line. The impossible is a little farther out, so let’s go over there and tickle it again.” (Miles Daisher, pro base jumper)
Training to be better in our sports is inevitable and incredibility rewarding!
Yet improving doesn’t always come that easy. Have you ever felt:
- There’s untapped potential you just can’t access?
- Training and playing is becoming a grind and improvements have stopped?
- Struggling to find time for it all and losing your passion to play?
From first-hand experience we know any of that sucks and can be downright infuriating at times!
We say screw that! There must be a different way?
Of course there is, our way! We’ve spent over a decade helping people train for their sport and together we can get you:
Performing Better and Feeling Awesome in as little as 12 weeks!
- Stronger, faster and more powerful
- Continually improving and setting personal bests
- Rediscovering your passion to play once again!
And it gets even better. With our help you’ll learn how to;
- Use nutrition, rest and headspace to perform better and stay injury free
- Adapt training to keep improving even when you’re lacking time or energy
- Play your best and feel great without compromising your whole life!
Helping people reach their athletic potential is exactly what we do!
- Sore back? Stiff neck? Gnarly knees? Or worse missing mat time due to injuries?
- Lack the strength and conditioning to compete at your best?
- Sparring hard but not getting any better?
- Is training you leaving you burnt out and ill?
Then you’ll love this stuff, Off The Mat Training will:
- Fix your aches and pains to get you back rolling consistently
- Get you strong, fit and mobile enough to pull of the techniques you’ve been learning
- Give you the edge needed to compete at your best in competitions
- Feel better than ever by learning how to best balance your time spent on and off the mat
If chokes, arm locks and swollen ears have become your favourite things then some Off The Mat Training will be the perfect addition to your game. It’s a tonne of fun, scalable to most fitness and experience levels, doesn’t take much time and can be done anywhere.
- Noticed some niggles creeping their way in or worse yet pulling on hurt?
- Seen some amazing lines that seem out of reach?
- Stuck on a project or bouldering problem you just can’t send?
- Struggling to balance climbing harder with the rest of life?
Then you’ll love this stuff, Off The Rock Training will:
- Solve gnarly necks, bound up backs and sore shoulders, extending your vertical lifespan for years to come
- Unlock pulling harder, stronger fingers, moving better and pushing grades
- Give you that extra edge for your next trip, mega project or upcoming comp
- Feel better than ever by learning how to best balance your time spent on and off the rock
If this crazily addictive sport they call climbing is engulfing your life then Off The Rock Training is the perfect addition for you whether you’re in to bouldering, sport climbing or a bit of everything. It’s a tonne of fun, scalable to most fitness and experience levels, doesn’t take much time and can be done anywhere.
- Turning up to the slopes with gnarly knees and sore backs knowing you’ll have to hold back?
- Dreaming of tackling those more challenging runs that require high speed, powerful turns and maybe some air?
- Struggling to keep up, especially in the afternoon session or a few a days in to the trip?
Then you’ll love this stuff, Off The Slopes Training will:
- Get you skiing/boarding freely and confident again, with restored knees and a strong back
- Have you feeling solid ready to carve down those runs you only dared dream of
- Build stamina so you can enjoy the slopes until sunset and wake up the next day ready to do it all over again!
If snow swept mountains call to you every season then Off The Slopes Training is the perfect addition for you. It’s a tonne of fun, scalable to most fitness and experience levels, is great for the off season and can be done anywhere.
- Knee problems, shoulder issues or sore backs ruining your runs/swims?
- Love the idea of a bigger challenge (adventure run / step up in distance or class) or want to push a PB?
- Struggling to fit in all the training hours, feeling burnt out and looking for a better way?
Then you’ll love this stuff, Off The Road Training will:
- Get your body strong and moving smoothly
- Build stability, strength and stamina to smash those PBs and get you ready for the next big challenge
- Have you training less, feeling fresh and running your best!
If the open road (and maybe lake or obstacles) is you’re thing then some Off The Road Training will be the perfect addition for you. It’s a tonne of fun, scalable to most fitness and experience levels, doesn’t take much time and can be done anywhere.
- Sore Back and golfers elbow ruining your round?
- Handicap not moved in a while or worse going the wrong way?
- Fed up of struggling in the club tournament (or always having to buy the beers)?
Then you’ll love this stuff, Off The Course Training will:
- Strengthen your back and improve your bio-mechanics to have you playing pain free
- Add metres to your drive as well as improving the accuracy of your approach shots and those all important putts
- Give you the edge in club tournaments as well as those vital bets with mates!
If you’re often accused of spending far too many hours on the fairways then Off The Course Training will be perfect for addition to your game. It’s a tonne of fun, scalable to most fitness and experience levels, doesn’t take much time and can be done anywhere.
Take full advantage of us by meeting up to discuss your pain or injury in more depth. You’ll get a much better idea of what we do and it helps us find out how best we can help you. Most importantly you can bounce any questions or thoughts you have off us to help decide if we’re a good fit.
When a client is seeking an athletic advantage it’s all too common to end up with training that’s:
- All over the place leaving you with zero improvements or improving in spite of the ‘training’
- Beating you up, burning you out and worst of all getting you hurt or injured
We feel any performance training should not only get you playing better than ever, but also feeling good along the way!
At aps we have delved deep into the awesomeness of health and fitness, guided by sound exercise science, tried and tested training principles and a tonne of real world experience to make this possible. We always start with:
- Comprehensive assessments to figure out exactly where you are (current levels of strength, mobility, movement skill etc.) and the steps to get you where you want to be.
- Restoring baselines (if they’ve gone wandering) in posture, mobility, infant groundwork and fundamental movement patterns (lunging, bending, squatting, pulling, pushing, twisting and running).
Then the real fun begins…
- Progressing movement skill way beyond fundamentals to more complex patterns and sports specific movements.
- Enhancing the energy systems (Explosive, Anaerobic and Aerobic) most relevant to your sport.
- Utilise a variety of training methods to improve Strength, Power and Endurance. Think Max Strength, Plyometrics and Metabolic Conditioning.
- Exploring unconventional movement and core training to be strong and fluid in any position.
- Developing recovery and restorative techniques to survive training hard and stay injury free.
- Uncovering the other 6 pillars of health (breathing, sleeping, rest, headspace, water and food).
Above all we choose training that matches each individual’s lifestyle, goals, experience, rate of progress and biomechanics along with progress check-ins throughout to get you Playing Better Than Ever!